GATE 2018 Application Process – The Application process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 has been started by the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG) today September 1 on its official website gate.iitg.ac.in. So, all the aspiring candidates who are willing to apply for the GATE 2018 examination can either visit appsgate.iitg.ac.in or gate.iitg.ac.in.
The important GATE examination conducted this year by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, is jointly regulated by seven IITS (Guwahati, Roorkee, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai). It is mandatory for students who are seeking admission to Post Graduate PG Engineering Courses such as M Tech and ME offered by IITs, NITs and other GFTIs as well as private institutions.
GATE 2018 examination will be conducted for all the 23 Subjects on the basis of Online Computer Based Test (CBT). The GATE 2018 Online Examination Paper will contain some Questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the Virtual Keypad. The rest of the Questions in the Question Paper will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Type.
Candidate must note that they have to use Only an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination. The Examination for some papers in GATE 2018 will be held in multiple sessions. However, a candidate can appear for the GATE 2018 Examination in one session only. The GATE 2018 Application Form are now available on the Official Website, candidates need to register themselves on or before 5th October 2017.
GATE 2018 Exam Important Dates
|GATE 2018 Online Application Form Start Date||1st September 2017 (Friday)|
|Online Application Form Submission Last Date||5th October 2017 (Thursday)|
|GATE 2018 Examination||3rd February 2018 to 11th February 2018|
Note that the Examination will be conducted in two sessions. The first session will take place in the forenoon from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon, while the other session will take place in the afternoon from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
How to Apply for GATE 2018 Application Process
- Candidate must first visit the GATE 2018 official web portal i.e. gate.iitg.ac.in
- Now click on the link ‘GATE Online Application Processing System, (GOAPS) is open now! Appsgate.iitg.ac.in
- Candidate must get registered as a new user using valid email ID and Mobile Number.
- After registration, candidates will get their enrollment ID and Password.
- Candidates have to fill their GATE 2018 Application Form.
- Candidate must upload Photograph, Signature and other required documents and details.
- Candidate can make the payment of the Application Fees Online through Net Banking or Debit Card.
- It is advised to download the Application Form and also to take the print out of the Registration.