GATE 2018 Online Application Correction Process starts @ appsgate.iitg.ac.in : GATE 2018 Online Application Corrections Process has been started by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati on its official website – appsgate.iitg.ac.in. In a note, IIT Guwahati has said, “Candidates who wish to change the gender, category, and PwD status in their GATE 2018 application, can do this by logging into GOAPS and clicking on button “Change Personal Data”.
Candidates will be able to do these corrections by re-directing to the payment page (if applicable). The aspirants can also verify their email address and mobile number.
The aspirant have to send a mail from the registered email ID to the respective zonal GATE office. It is only then their request for corrections will be entertained. Make sure to mention the enrollment ID as well as nature of corrections to be done along with the scanned copy of proof.
The last date to do corrections and modify a candidate’s Gender, Category and PwD status is 28th October 2018. Candidates who had applied for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 and need to change their Gender, Category and PwD status in submitted applications can do it by following steps given below and paying the applicable fee:
How to do GATE 2018 Online Application Correction @ appsgate.iitg.ac.in
Step 1 – Candidate must first visit the official website – appsgate.iitg.ac.in
Step 2 – Candidate have to enter email ID and Password to log in
Step 3 – Then, Click on ‘Change Personal Data’
Step 4 – Make the necessary corrections and Submit
Step 5 – Make payment and take a print out of the confirmation page for further reference
Additional Fee Structure for Online Application Correction
- Candidates must pay Rs. 750 to change Gender from Female to Male/Transgender (except SC/ST and PwD candidates) or vice-versa
- Candidates must pay Rs. 750 for Category correction from SC/ST to Gen/OBC (except Female and PwD candidates)
- Candidates must pay Rs. 750 for PwD status change from PwD to non-PwD (except Female and SC/ST candidates)
- GATE 2018 Admit Card : 5th January 2018 (Tentative)
- GATE 2018 Exam Date : 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th February 2018
- GATE 2018 Examination will be conducted in two sections i.e. 9 AM – 12 PM & 2 PM – 5 PM